Awards hail 2023’s best in the business
THE Geelong region’s latest class of outstanding companies and individuals has been crowned at this year’s Geelong Business Excellence Awards (GBEAs).
This year’s edition of the prestigious awards drew a sold-out crowd to the presentation event on Thursday last week at the Presidents’ Room at GMHBA Stadium, where awards were handed out in 20 categories.
The awards are managed each year by the Geelong Chamber of Commerce, and chief executive officer Jeremy Crawford said all winners and finalists should be applauded.
“These awards really are a beacon of inspiration and a testament to the spirit of innovation that courses through the veins of our local Geelong businesses.”
DirectBor was judged Business of the Year, sponsored by LBW Business + Wealth Advisors, in its first year of entering the GBEAs, as well as the Innovation, Research and Development Award sponsored by Viva Energy Australia.
The company’s director Aaron Finch was very surprised with DirectBor’s win.
“I’m blown away, I can’t believe how good we’ve done with this,” he told the crowd.
“I’m lost for words, I really am.”
Other winners included:
- Business Leader of the Year, sponsored by bay 93.9 – Justine Martin
- Young Entrepreneur of the Year, sponsored by Deakin University – Jye Bohm
- Small Business Award, sponsored by Envisage HR Solutions – The Proven Group
- Medium to Large Business Sward, sponsored by EML – Cottage by the Sea
- Health and Wellbeing Promoting Workplace Award, sponsored by Barwon Health – Arthur St, and
- Customer Service Award, sponsored by Times News Group – Geelong Pest Control.
For the second year in a row, the presentation event was carbon-neutral.
For more information on the GBEAs, head to gbea.com.au