VOTERS enrolled in the council elections across the Geelong region should have received their ballot packs by now, and are reminded they have until 6pm on October 23 to return their completed ballot material.
Completed ballot material must be posted before final local mail clearance times.
Voters should check their local mail clearance times, as this may be earlier than 6pm or earlier in the week.
Alternatively, voters can hand-deliver their ballot material by the 6pm deadline to the Election Manager at their election office:
- City of Greater Geelong – Geelong West Town Hall, 153 Pakington Street, Geelong West, phone 8619 1427
- Surf Coast Shire – 40 Baines Crescent, Torquay, phone 1300 140 714
- Borough of Queenscliffe – Council Offices, 50 Learmonth Street, Queenscliff, phone 1300 108 803
- Golden Plains Shire – Bannockburn Cultural Centre, 27 High Street, Bannockburn, phone 1300 112 736
- Colac Otway Shire – 13 Murray Street, Colac, phone 1300 112 720.
Voters who still haven’t received their ballot pack by tomorrow (Friday, October 16) should phone their election office immediately to arrange a replacement.
Extended hours for voters to hand-deliver their completed ballot material apply from 9 am to 8 pm on Thursday 22 October and 9 am to 6 pm on Friday 23 October.
There will be no replacement votes issued over the counter at the election office during this time.
Voting is compulsory for voters who were on the State roll for this general election at 4pm on August 28 and council-enrolled voters are encouraged to vote. State-enrolled voters who don’t vote may be fined.
For more information, head to vec.vic.gov.au/voting/2020-local-council-election.