Top teams to be recognised by AFL Barwon
THE top teams on the ladder in this season’s AFL Barwon football and netball competitions will be officially recognised as the best teams.
In a statement on the AFL Barwon website, the governing body said the AFL Barwon Commission decided at their meeting last night that “a form of recognition will be awarded to the highest ranked team at the point the season was cancelled”.
This will be for all competitions that were cancelled due to the Victorian Government’s Roadmap to deliver the National Plan, which comprise:
• All Geelong Football Netball League competitions
• All Bellarine Football Netball League competitions
• All Senior and Junior Female Football competitions
• All AFL Barwon Under 19 Football competitions
• All AFL Barwon Junior Football competitions, and
• All AFL Barwon Junior Netball competitions.
In the BFL, Torquay’s seniors and reserves sides went through the season undefeated.
St Mary’s seniors and reserves sides finished on top in the GFL.
“This recognition will be presented to clubs at the 2021 presentation dinner,” AFL Barwon stated.
“The date of this event remains to be confirmed due to the current restrictions on patrons at indoor venues.”