Shire grants help events get moving
SURF Coast Shire events will share in $85,000 as part of the council’s Events Grants Program for the next financial year.
The annual grants program has been running for seven years to help improve the sustainability, spread and positive impact of events held within the municipality.
There were 19 events that received funding as part of the Events Grants Program 2021-22. They are:
Tourism events category
- Surf Coast Century – $7,500
- Amy’s Great Ocean Road Gran Fondo – $7,500
- Love Winter in Aireys – $5,000
- Trail Running Series 3 Anglesea – $5,000
- Great Ocean Road Running Festival (Marathon) – $5,000
- Afterglow Night Trail Run – $5,000
- Surf Coast Trail Marathon – $5,000
- Great Ocean & Otway Classic Ride – $5,000
- The Shifty Fifty – $2,500.
Boutique creative and special focus events category
- The Sound Doctor Presents – $7,500
- Meadow Music Festival – $7,500
- Deans Marsh Festival – $5,000
- Human Rights and Arts Festival – $5,000.
Community events category
- Australian Indigenous Surfing Titles – $3,000
- Art of the Minds – $3,000
- ANGAIR and Anglesea Community Wildflower Weekend – $2,000
- Surf Coast Kite Festival – $2,000
- Winter Solstice Open Water Swim – $2,000
- Christmastime in Torquay – $1,000.
“It’s wonderful to see more and more in-person events returning, and going by some of the participation numbers we’re seeing, the community has really missed them,” Cr Mike Bodsworth said.
“The benefits of events are wide ranging, from connecting people to boosting the local economy, so I’m pleased that through this program we can help deliver a diverse range of events right across the shire.”
For all the latest events news, head to surfcoastevents.com.au.