Agents grow the Mo for a cause
With Movember in full swing, the sales team at Ferris Gold are doing their bit to raise awareness and money for the leading charity changing the face of men’s health on a global scale.
The Movember organisation focuses on mental health and suicide prevention, prostate cancer and testicular cancer.
The key to a great Movember participant is letting everyone know why they’re doing it, and that’s exactly what the Ferris Gold “Mo Bro” duo of Michael Ferris and Len Lengyel are doing.
Mr Ferris said that after an interesting couple of years, he found it astounding and terrible that the statistics showed three out of four suicides were male.
“After losing a family member to suicide many years ago and seeing the devastation it caused on his family, there really needs to be a support mechanism for men.
“Men tend to have a tough facade, however life can take its toll and the stress can get to us without a mechanism to release.
“We do this for the fathers, partners, brothers, sons and mates in our lives, because they’re dying too young, and it doesn’t have to be like this.”
– In Australia, men are dying four years earlier than women, and for largely preventable reasons.
– Men account for three out of four suicides.
– Suicide is the leading cause of death among Aussie men aged 15-44.
– One in six men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer before they are 85.
– Testicular cancer is the most common cancer in young Aussie men.