Entertain winter in Echuca Moama!
ECHUCA Moama is well known as a summer holiday destination – warm days by the river, swimming, skiing, taking the boat out, and having fun in the sun!
So, what happens in winter? The answer to that question may just be the region’s best kept secret!
Centrally located between two wine regions, surrounded by painted silos and outdoor art, and home to an evolving community of contemporary restaurants, cafes, artisan creators and local producers, winter in Echuca Moama combines the cruisey atmosphere of a river holiday with the best food, art, events and experiences.
Add in the region’s mild winter days and regular blue skies and you’re in for a real winter treat!
This year, the region is inviting people to Entertain Winter in Echuca Moama and experience some of the hidden gems that the riverside destination has on offer.
An eight-week program of events has been developed to showcase the destination’s warming winter experiences.
Running from 25 June to 21 August, the Entertain Winter program takes in the major events of the Winter Blues Festival, 28 – 31 July, and Moama Lights, 31 July to 21 August, alongside events and experiences that local businesses have carefully curated to ensure visitors have plenty to do during their stay.
Some of the program highlights include:
Tastings & Tours
- Go behind the scenes at the Echuca Distillery in the heart of town, learn about craft spirits, and experience a personally selected tasting flight and two course lunch.
- Tour award-winning St Anne’s Winery, taste wine straight from the tank, and enjoy a cellar door experience with wine tastings and a ploughman’s platter.
- Be transported to France at Riverbank Moama’s Bastille Day dinner, featuring a five course French feast and matching French wines, and be entertained by the can-can dancers.
- Experience a Winter Blues cruise aboard luxury cruising vessel, MV Mary Ann. Enjoy a three-course dinner, three-hour sailing and the sultry sounds of live blues musicians.
Winter tasting trails
- Tick off all the special Entertain Winter menu items that have been created especially for the program, including the Mr Snowman ice cream at The Port Ice Creamery, affogato at Riverbank Moama, hot apple cider onboard select sailings on the MV Mary Ann and the Christmas in July cocktail special at the Moama RSL.
- Take a self-guided food trail through the Port Precinct, tasting sweet treats, delightful drops and the region’s best pies.
To view the full program, and to book your winter stay, please visit echucamoama.com/entertain.