Boss Burger’s finger licking chicken tops the global delivery chart
Geelong has come out of this year’s Deliveroo 100 report as the Steven Bradbury of the international race, with a menu item from Boss Burger Co. named the sixth most ordered dish worldwide.
The “Tommy the Chook” burger – which is available from stores at Waurn Ponds, Geelong West, Leopold, Torquay and Ballarat – was among the 10 most frequently ordered Deliveroo dishes globally and claimed the coveted number one pick for Australian users.
Boss Burger Co. owner Jamie Kolovos said it was the team’s ambition to live up to the restaurant’s name and become “the boss of all burgers”.
“For Tommy the Chook to be crowned the number one dish in Australia and the best-selling chicken burger in the world is truly awesome.
“We pride ourselves on working with the best ingredients and using the best processes to create an unbeatable product. We want to say a huge thank you to our Deliveroo customers for this honour.”
Australia scored six places in the annual ranking, with dishes from Sydney, Wollongong and Geelong making the culinary cut.
Other findings from the report revealed that burgers were the fare for Deliveroo users in Australia, making up for more than a third of the top ordered dishes.
The runner-up was Thai cuisine at 18 per cent, followed by Italian (six per cent).
More than half of the most ordered dishes came from Sydney, with Melbourne responsible for 22 per cent of all Australian orders. Wollongong and Geelong shared third place at 10 per cent each.
As well as Geelong, Deliveroo operates in 12 other cities across Australia: Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Perth, Adelaide, Canberra, Wollongong, Penrith, Newcastle, Cairns and Hobart.
Top 10 of 100 dishes –
1. Poké Signature Super Protéiné from Pokawa, Paris
2. Cheeseburger from Five Guys, London
3. Burrito Pollo from Gonzalez & Co – Consell de Cent, Barcelona
4. Salmon Pokè from Pokèria by NIMA – XXII Marzo, Milano
5. Footlong Sub from Subway, Dublin
6. Tommy the Chook from Boss Burger Co., Geelong
7. 米線+一餸 from 譚仔雲南米線 Tam’s Shop #15 Aberdeen, Hong Kong
8. Shack Burger from Shake Shack – JBR, Dubai
9. Big Giant Menu from Quick Liège, Liege
10. Sushi Burrito from Sushito | JP Heije, Amsterdam