One Agency Surf Coast announces calendar competition winners
World renowned surf photographer Ed Sloane selected the 13 winning scenic shots of Torquay, Jan Juc and Bells Beach, which were taken by nine photographers.
Bowie Wallace’s stunning aerial photo of a single surfer at Torquay Surf Beach will be the cover shot of the 2020 calendar.
One Agency Surf Coast director Shaun O’Callaghan announced the 13 selected photos at a function at Torquay Orange on Friday night.
“The idea for the calendar came from looking at the stunning scenic photos we all see on Instagram – taken by local amateur and professional photographers. These days, so few of us print out our photos, so we wanted to create a calendar of these incredible shots that people can have up in their home or business year-round.
“We were totally blown away by the response we got – and the quality of the photos. We received more than 200 entries, and going through them all made us feel really lucky to live here.”
“The images are all incredible; it will be a really high quality calendar. We can’t wait to see the finished product and give them out to local people and businesses.”
The calendars, which feature key local dates and events, come out in mid-November. Anyone can pick up a copy for free from One Agency Surf Coast at 1A Fischer Street, Torquay.
CALENDAR COMPETITION WINNERS
- Bowie Wallace: Cover shot (Torquay Surf Beach) and July (Torquay Surf Beach)
- Adam Snow: April (Bells Beach) and August (Bells Beach)
- Edward (Breathe A Blue Ocean): February (Torquay Front Beach) and October (Cosy Corner)
- Guillermo Sundheim: May (Top Shelf, Bird Rock)
- Ky White: June (Bird Rock)
- Ash Farman: January (Bells Beach)
- Romy Becker-Roache: December (Bells Beach)
- Louise Edebone: March (Torquay Front Beach) and November (Fishos Beach)
- Marshall Gobel: September (Torquay Surf Beach)